- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Pulmonologists treat patients suffering from respiratory conditions that affect a person’s ability to breathe. Because breathing is such an important part of remaining healthy and alive, mistakes by these doctors can have especially dangerous consequences for patients. A patient that is harmed by the medical malpractice of a Pulmonologist can file a medical malpractice lawsuit to get the financial compensation he or she deserves.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Pulmonologist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Pulmonologist Medical Malpractice
Pulmonologists must first obtain their degree in medicine or osteopathy through a licensed medical school. After this, they must still complete a three- to four-year residency program in internal medicine. During this time, they will learn the skills they need to later specialize in pulmonary medicine through a fellowship program. Even with all of this advanced training, Pulmonologists still make mistakes; mistakes that are often fatal to the patients that suffer them.
When a Pulmonologist is negligent and fails to treat a patient within the accepted standard of care for the profession, the patient or the patient’s family can file a medical malpractice lawsuit. This lawsuit helps to make the patient and the family whole through financial compensation for the injuries suffered.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Pulmonologists
Common claims for medical malpractice against Pulmonologists include, but are not limited to the following:
- Failure to Perform Scans or Tests: Scans such as chest x-rays or tests such as a bronchoscopy require careful procedure and analysis of the results. Failure to perform the tests correctly can result in direct harm to the patient, while file to interpret the results can result in missed diagnoses of medical issues.
- Biopsy Mistakes: A biopsy is taking a small sample of tissue for analysis. Taking a piece of the lung can be dangerous, even when it is medically necessary. If it is done incorrectly, it can cause severe damage, bleeding, and possibly death.
- Lung Removal: Lung removal may be required to treat a condition, or may result from the damage caused by a negligent Pulmonologist. In either case, when performed incorrectly, a patient may require a lung transplant, or may not survive at all.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When a Pulmonologist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.