- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
An OB/GYN, or Obstetrician-Gynecologist, is a doctor who specializes working with pregnant women, including the delivery of babies, as well as specializing in the female reproductive system. An OB/GYN is an incredibly important doctor for women’s health, but mistakes can be made that harm either the patient or the patient’s unborn or newborn child. When this is the case, an injured patient can file a medical malpractice lawsuit against the negligent OB/GYN to receive financial compensation for his or her injuries.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of an OB/GYN, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
OB/GYN Medical Malpractice
An OB/GYN has both broad and specific training in obstetrics and gynecology. This includes preventative care testing such as:
- pap smears
- STI testing
- blood work
- pelvic exams
They help women deal with issues related to vaginal and reproductive health, pregnancy, sex, infertility, and much more. However, when mistakes are made in these areas, a woman’s life can be changed forever, or even be put at risk.
Common Malpractice Claims Against OB/GYN’s
Common claims for medical malpractice against OB/GYN’s include, but are not limited to:
- Failure to Diagnose: When an OB/GYN fails to diagnose an issue he or she should have caught on an exam, a patient can suffer as a result. A condition that could otherwise have been treated may be left to worsen, causing continuing and significant damage to a patient.
- Umbilical Cord Complications: The umbilical cord can wrap around an infant’s neck during childbirth, choking off oxygen and causing brain damage. A failure to properly remedy this situation can result in malpractice liability.
- Improper Use of Forceps: Forceps are used by OB/GYN’s during their practice, but improper use can cause harm to a woman’s body, including her internal organs. This damage can cause temporary or even permanent harm.
- Failure to Discover Prenatal Conditions: Before a child is even born, many conditions can be diagnosed if proper medical procedures are used. Failure by an OB/GYN to do this can result in harm to the infant, and maybe even to the mother.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When an OB/GYN commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.