- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Podiatrists specialize in treating conditions and injuries related to the patient’s feet. This can range from a simple ingrown toenail to complicated surgery to correct issues with the bones of the feet. A Podiatrist can commit medical malpractice when he or she fails to treat the patient within the bounds of the accepted standard of care for this field of medicine. If a Podiatrist committed malpractice that harmed you or a loved one, you deserve financial compensation for your injuries.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Podiatrist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Podiatrist Medical Malpractice
Podiatrists are highly trained doctors of medicine (M.D.) or doctors of osteopathy (D.O.) that specialize in treating conditions and injuries of the feet. After completing medical school, the receive further training and experience in their specialized field to become experts on the feet. Even with this expertise, mistakes still occur, and this can have disastrous results for a patient.
Feet are a very important part of the body, and damage to them can result in the inability to walk, inability to stand, or even the risk of amputation. If a Podiatrist is responsible for the harm you have suffered due to medical malpractice, you and your attorney can file a medical malpractice action to get the financial compensation you deserve.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Podiatrists
Common claims for medical malpractice against Podiatrists include, but are not limited to the following:
- Failure to Treat Infections: Infections of the feet are not uncommon, including athlete’s foot or even osteomyelitis (infection of the bone). Failure to treat these can lead to severe foot damage.
- Bone Spurs: Bone spurs are very painful, and typically require surgical treatment. Malpractice can cause lasting pain to the patient, or even permanent damage to the foot bones.
- Failure to Diagnose Nerve Injuries: Nerve injuries or conditions of the feet can cause severe pain, even to the point where a person cannot walk. Failure to properly treat these conditions can be a sign of medical malpractice by the Podiatrist.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When a Podiatrist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.