- Our Firm
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Birth Paralysis
- Cortical Blindness
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Shoulder Dystocia
- C Section Cases
- Erb’s Palsy
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Facial Paralysis
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Midwife Malpractice
- Free Consultation
A Hospitalist is a doctor who works exclusively within a hospital setting, and also specializes in hospital medicine. These doctors may have training in multiple settings, such as internal medicine, family medicine, or hospital medicine. These doctors often treat very ill patients or those who need long-term and substantial care. Hospitalists are increasing in number, and the number of medical malpractice cases related to them is increasing as well. When a Hospitalist commits medical malpractice that leads to the injury of a patient, that person deserves to receive financial compensation for those injuries.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Hospitalist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for your rights.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Hospitalist Medical Malpractice
Hospitalists work exclusively in a hospital setting, but see a great number of different patients with different medical issues. Because of this diversity in treatment, the types of malpractice that a Hospitalist can commit varies significantly. Whenever a Hospitalist fails to meet the standard of care, and that failure leads to an injury to you or a loved one, a medical malpractice claim can help compensate you financially for the losses you have suffered.
Hospitalists often serve as the primary care physician for a patient while he or she is in the hospital, and may supervise other medical professionals and doctors in your treatment and care. As a result, the Hospitalist may be responsible for the negligent actions of others as well, depending on the circumstances.
Common Types of Hospitalist Medical Malpractice
Hospitalists may commonly commit medical malpractice in some of the following ways:
- Improper Supervision of Medical Staff: As the primary care doctor for a patient, the Hospitalist is responsible to oversee the medical treatment of a patient, even by nurses or other staff. Failure to properly supervise this treatment can lead to serious injury.
- Misdiagnosis: If a Hospitalist fails to diagnose a medical condition, or misdiagnoses that condition, the resulting injury can lead to a medical malpractice claim.
- Improper Prescribing: If a Hospitalist prescribes the wrong medicine or an improper dose, a person’s life will be at risk. Any damages caused by this improper prescribing should properly be held against the Hospitalist that caused the injuries.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
If you or someone you love has been injured as the result of Hospitalist medical practice, the attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian will use our experience, knowledge, and dedication to fight for you so that you will receive the compensation you and your family deserve.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.