- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Internal Medicine Doctors practice in a field that is focused on treating adults. After completing their training, Internal Medicine Doctors are also referred to as Internists. An Internal Medicine Doctor will specialize in a certain area, such as cardiology, and treat patients within that specialized field. While this specialized training provides greater training and medical expertise, Internal Medicine Doctor still commit medical malpractice on an all too common basis. When a doctor’s medical malpractice is the cause of harm to you or your loved one, you deserve financial compensation for your losses.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of an Internal Medicine Doctor, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Internal Medicine Doctor Medical Malpractice
After earning their bachelor’s degree, those who hope to be Internal Medicine Doctors will go to medical school for four years. After that time, they will enter into a residency program that will last for three years. During the residency, the Internal Medicine Doctor will become board certified in internal medicine. The doctor may even choose to subspecialize, which requires an additional four years of training, depending on the subspecialty.
The precise medical training of an Internal Medicine Doctor can be incredibly helpful in treating specific areas of the body, medical conditions, or other medical issues. However, it can limit the knowledge of a doctor, and cause him or her to miss what would otherwise be obvious to another doctor.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Internal Medicine Doctors
Common claims for medical malpractice against Internal Medicine Doctors includes, but is not limited to:
- Misdiagnosis: Cases of incorrect diagnoses, delayed diagnoses, or even flat out wrong diagnoses constitute up to 39 percent of medical malpractice claims against Internal Medicine Doctors, according to a recent study. These failures to diagnose medical conditions can cause serious harm or even death.
- Medical Treatment Failure: Even when properly diagnosed, if the medical condition is improperly treated, a medical malpractice claim may result.
- Medication Issues: In up to 19 percent of cases, medical malpractice claims against Internal Medicine Doctors occurred as a result of improper medications being used for treatment, improper dosages, or failure to follow up on medications.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When an Internal Medicine Doctor commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.