- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Palliative Care Specialists work to relieve pain and other symptoms for patients with serious or terminal illnesses. Palliative care focuses on improving the quality of life, rather than treating a condition or illness. For many, palliative care comes into play when survival is not expected, and the focus is instead on treating only symptoms to promote the patient’s comfort.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Palliative Care Specialist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Palliative Care Specialist Medical Malpractice
Palliative Care Specialists complete medical school but are also required to specialize after medical school in the practice of palliative care. This requires additional training and experience, including the completion of a residency program.
Most Palliative Care Specialists work in large hospitals, while many others work in end-of-life treatment centers such as hospice care. When Palliative Care Specialists commit malpractice, often the concern relates to the pain caused by the doctor, or a shortening of the person’s life or quality of life.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Oncologists
Common claims for medical malpractice against Palliative Care Specialists include, but are not limited to the following.
- Lack of Consent: Patients, or the individual in charge of the patient’s health care decisions, should be consulted about end-of-life care. Failure to get consent for treatment methods is a type of medical malpractice.
- Delay of Treatment: If a Palliative Care Specialist delays treatment and the patient suffers as a result, this can be compensable in the form of a medical malpractice claim.
- Improper Prescribing: If a doctor prescribes the wrong medication or too much or little of the correct medication, serious injury or even early death could result.
Even in situations where a patient is terminal and eventual death is certain, that patient is entitled to proper palliative treatment without mistakes. Mistakes can cause additional pain, new medical conditions, or even an earlier death. Loss of time and loss of quality of life may both be compensated through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When a Palliative Care Specialist commits medical malpractice and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.