- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons perform surgery and treatment on the hard and soft tissues of the mouth, face, jaw, clefts, teeth, and other dental areas. These specially trained doctors are highly educated, but they can still make mistakes. Medical mistakes in the face and mouth region can have incredibly negative impacts on your health, your looks, and your peace of mind. When a doctor is negligent in performing surgery, a medical malpractice claim can get you the financial compensation you deserve.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts are because of these values.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Medical Malpractice
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons are highly educated medical professionals. They receive training alongside medical residents studying internal medicine in general surgery as well as anesthesiology. They also receive more training in the nose, ear, and throat regions and learn aspects of plastic surgery. This high level of training is meant to ensure that doctors do not make mistakes in their treatment of patients, yet they still occur all too often.
When this is the case, and you or a loved one have suffered as a result, a medical malpractice claim can compensate you financially for the injuries you suffered.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Oncologists Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Common claims for medical malpractice against Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons include:
- Problems with Anesthesia: Anesthesia is necessary to “put you under” during surgery so you do not suffer in pain. However, the wrong dose or the incorrect application of the drugs involved can be dangerous, or even fatal at times.
- Nerve Damage: When cutting into the mouth, jaw, or other areas of the face, there are a great many nerves in that area. Damage to these nerves can cause tingling, numbness, or chronic pain. This type of mistake can be very detrimental to your quality of life.
- Loss of Teeth: When oral surgery is performed incorrectly, your teeth may be damaged to the point where they must be pulled. On the other side, some surgeons pull the wrong teeth or more teeth than they have to in order to do the job.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.