- Our Firm
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Hepatologists treat medical conditions and diseases related to the liver as well as other gastrointestinal organs, such as the pancreas, bile ducts, and gallbladder. Diseases in these organs that are left diagnosed or improperly treated can have disastrous consequences for the patient. The medical malpractice of a Hepatologist can lead to serious injuries, complications, or even death. When this is the case, that medical malpractice can be the basis of a lawsuit to financially compensate you for your injuries.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Hepatologist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Hepatologist Medical Malpractice
Hepatologists are Doctors of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctors of Osteopathy (D.O.). Hepatology is considered a specialized field of medicine that requires additional training through a residency and fellowship program. Doctors in these areas also take part in gastroenterology programs and fellowships that offer 1-3 years of special training in managing these specific types of diseases.
Despite all of this education and training, Hepatologists are commonly the cause of patient harm as the result of medical malpractice. Hepatologists commit medical malpractice in some of the common following ways:
- Misdiagnosis: The liver is an incredibly important organ, so when a Hepatologist misdiagnosis or misses a diagnosis of a liver condition, the consequences can be incredibly serious, or even fatal. Misdiagnosis constitutes medical malpractice in many cases.
- Cancer Care: Liver cancer, and cancers of other related organs, can significantly affect a person’s life. Proper treatment is necessary to protect the life and well-being of the patient. If a Hepatologist fails to adequately or properly treat the cancer, the result could be death or loss of an organ.
- Hepatitis Treatment: A common and dangerous condition that Hepatologists treat is Hepatitis. Hepatitis B is the most common liver infection in the world and can be dangerous because patients may not even know they have it. Hepatologists should be able to identify and diagnose issues related to the liver, including by treating hepatitis patients to protect their health and lives.
- Improper Prescribing: If a Hepatologist fails to prescribe a proper medication, or prescribes a dangerous dose of a drug, that doctor should be held responsible for the mistake. Improper prescribing can lead to serious injury or even death for a patient.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
At Gilman & Bedigian, we will use our experience, knowledge, and dedication to fight for you to receive the compensation you and your family deserve. Hepatologist medical malpractice can lead to very serious complications in your life, and you deserve financial compensation for your injuries.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.