- Our Firm
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Neonatologists practice a branch of medicine that cares for infants from their birth to when they are 28 days old. They specialize in treating these young patients who are born with birth defects, born premature or have some other problem at birth or that occurs soon after. When a Neonatologist makes a mistake, the life of your child is put at risk. If your child was harmed by the medical malpractice of a Neonatologist, you can file a medical malpractice lawsuit to recover for your child’s suffering.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Neonatologist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Neonatologist Medical Malpractice
Neonatologists are trained doctors who specialize in working with very young, ill patients. They are highly trained in the specialization with years of additional training that occurs after medical school in order to become Neonatologists. Not every hospital has a Neonatologist, and often if a problem is suspected before the birth, a parent will be encouraged to have the child at an appropriate hospital.
Whether the type of care needed is available at a particular hospital is an important part of physician’s jobs in attempting to anticipate the problems that may arise in a pregnancy, if signs exist that complications could arise.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Internal Medicine Doctors Neonatologists
Common claims for medical malpractice against Neonatologists include, but are not limited to:
- Failure to Properly Monitor: Infants in the neonatal intensive care unit are holding on to life by the tips of their tiny fingers. They are in constant danger and need constant supervision. A Neonatologist that fails to properly supervise his or her patients can be held responsible for that negligence.
- Failure to Diagnose Infections: Newborns who suffer from or acquire infections are at high risk for death. Failure to identify and treat these infections can lead to malpractice liability.
- Intestinal Obstructions: A common problem that premature babies face is that of intestinal obstructions. These blockages can cause severe medical defects in the newborn, or may even lead to the baby’s death. Failure to identify and properly treat this problem can lead to liability on the part of the Neonatologist.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When a Neonatologist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.