- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Pharmacists are doctors that are responsible for dispensing medications to patients, and often in helping to decide what medicines are appropriate to give certain patients. They are often responsible for ensuring that different medications do not react to one another. Negligence by Pharmacists can have life-altering results. What is medicine to one person may effectively be poison to another, so when these doctors fail to follow the standard of care in their profession, a medical malpractice lawsuit can hold them responsible.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Pharmacist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Pharmacist Medical Malpractice
Pharmacists are medical professionals and many are doctors that attend and complete pharmacy school, rather than medical school. Not all pharmacists have a doctorate degree, as it did not use to be necessary. This education is specifically designed to educate future pharmacists on their duties, responsibilities, and necessary skills. While they are very educated, they can and often do make mistakes.
These mistakes can be dangerous, or even fatal. Medicine is a wonderful thing, but when used incorrectly it can be extremely harmful, rather than beneficial. When this is the case, and it is the fault of the Pharmacist, he or she can and should be held responsible for the injuries you or a loved one have suffered.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Pharmacists
Common claims for medical malpractice against Pharmacists include, but are not limited to the following:
- Allergic Reactions: Some patients have known allergies to medications. Failure to pay attention to this is malpractice.
- Improper Dosage of Medication: The proper dosage is crucial in any medication. Too little, and the medicine may be ineffective. Too much, and it can cause serious damage or even overdose-related death.
- Prescription Mix-Ups: Mixing up two patients medications can cause a patient to receive a medicine that is dangerous to him or her, or not receive the life-saving medicine the patient needs.
- Failure to Counsel Patient: Pharmacists are required to provide information to the patient about drug interactions, side effects, complications, and more unless the patient waives that requirement. If they fail to do so when they are supposed to, this can cause harm to the patient.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When a Pharmacist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.