- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Orthopedic Surgeons perform invasive surgeries that specialize in the surgical treatment of issues related to bones. When a bone is broken and requires repair, you are at the mercy of a doctor to not only correct the issue but to not commit other harm while performing the surgery. All too often, however, Orthopedic Surgeons commit medical malpractice while performing surgery, leading to serious harm to you or a loved one. When this is the case, a medical malpractice lawsuit can get you the financial compensation you deserve.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of an Orthopedic Surgeon, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Orthopedic Surgeon Medical Malpractice
Orthopedic Surgeons are highly educated Doctors of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctors of Osteopathy (D.O.) After medical school, they receive further education and training on orthopedic medicine and then must specialize in orthopedic surgery. Despite the years of training they receive, these doctors still make mistakes. These mistakes can cause serious pain, deformity, or even death.
The severity of the injuries caused by Orthopedic Surgeons can vary greatly. While some relatively minor issues may be fixable, that “fix” was likely still expensive. More serious issues can lead to permanent or severe injury, which is not only expensive but very painful.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Orthopedic Surgeons
Common claims for medical malpractice against Orthopedic Surgeons include, but are not limited to the following.
- Failure to Diagnose Fractures.
- Misinterpretation of X-Rays, MRI, CT Scans: These tests provide the basis for finding and diagnosing bone conditions. When they are misread, serious harm can result.
- Improper Setting of a Bone: When a bone is broken, and needs reset, doing so improperly can lead to serious injury, including the loss of limb.
- Compartment Syndrome: When a cast is put on too tightly, it can cause a condition referred to as compartment syndrome, which can cause amputation, infection, or even death.
- Surgical Mistakes: Mistakes made during surgery, such as nerve damage, muscle damages, or incorrect placement of surgical hardware can result in expensive, dangerous conditions in a patient.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When an Orthopedic Surgeon commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.