- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
A Geriatric Psychiatrist is a doctor with special training in treating and diagnosing mental disorders that occur in older adults, or are typically associated with older adults. Older adults have special needs as compared to the younger population, including physical, emotional, and social needs. It is up to the Geriatric Psychiatrist to take all of these into account to provide proper medical treatment. When a Geriatric Psychiatrist fails to follow the medical standard of care, and causes harm to you or a person you love, that psychiatrist should be responsible for the injuries he or she has caused.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Geriatric Psychiatrist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole, and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Geriatric Psychiatrist Medical Malpractice
A Geriatric Psychiatrist works with older adults in dealing with issues such as:
- challenges of getting older
- death and bereavement
- memory issues
- chronic pain
- poor sleep
- coping with change
Many of these issues stem from physical medical issues or medical conditions and require mental treatment.
Reasons for Malpractice Claims Against Geriatric Psychiatrists
Several common reasons for medical malpractice claims against Geriatric Psychiatrists includes, but is not limited to:
- Failure to Prevent Suicide: When a doctor’s negligence leads to a patient’s suicide, a personal injury lawsuit may be appropriate.
- Improper Prescribing: When a doctor does not correctly prescribe a medication by prescribing a fatal dose, wrong medication, or a medication leads to suicide, the doctor could be held responsible.
- Sexual Relations or Abuse: Geriatric Psychiatrists are not allowed to engage in sexual intercourse with patients, even when consensual. Abuse of patients is even more serious and can lead to serious harm to an elderly patient.
- Failure to Obtain Informed Consent: Older adults may not be able to consent to certain therapies, experimental drugs, or other medical procedures. A Geriatric Psychiatrist that ignores the will of the patient, and fails to get permission to perform certain medical treatments violates that patient’s rights. Financial compensation is warranted in these types of cases.
- Patient Escape: When a Geriatric Psychiatrist is responsible for allowing a dementia or Alzheimer’s patient to “escape” during or after treatment, any harm that befalls that patient as a result could be held against that doctor.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
At Gilman & Bedigian, we will use our experience, knowledge, and dedication to fight for you to receive the compensation you and your family deserve. Our aggressive trial lawyers have helped our clients recover millions of dollars in compensation related to Geriatric Psychiatrist medical malpractice.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.