- Our Firm
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Oncologists are trained and specialized doctors who diagnose and treat cancer in a variety of ways. There are different kinds and types of oncologists, including medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, and radiation oncologists. Each diagnoses and treat cancer but in different ways. For each type of Oncologist, there is the possibility that a medical mistake can be made that could result in serious harm to a patient’s health. When this is the case, that patient deserves financial compensation for the injuries he or she suffered.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of an Oncologist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Oncologist Medical Malpractice
Oncologists receive years of additional training and education after their medical school training related to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. As they specialize, each type of oncologist learns how to treat cancer in their own way. Each of these different cancer treatment methods come with risks, and with varying degrees of success. Even the best Oncologist will not save every patient, as cancer is difficult or sometimes impossible to treat.
However, when an Oncologist makes a mistake that causes harm or leads to the death of a patient, he or she can be held responsible for that mistake. Proving your case can be tricky without the help of an experienced medical malpractice lawyer, but with the right help, you can get the financial compensation to which you are entitled.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Oncologists
Common claims for medical malpractice against Oncologists include, but are not limited to:
- Failure to Diagnose: One of the most important ways to combat cancer in a patient is to catch it early. When an Oncologist fails to properly diagnose cancer, a patient is at risk of severe harm or even death.
- Surgical Mistakes: Many types of cancer require surgical treatment. Removal of tumors and other cancerous tissue is crucial to many treatments, and when mistakes are made the results to the patient can be disastrous.
- Misdiagnosis: Different than a failure to diagnose, a misdiagnosis means the Oncologist made a mistake in diagnosing the type of cancer, or its severity. It may even involve choosing the wrong method for treatment, or informing a person incorrectly about the likelihood of success in treatment.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When an Oncologist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.