- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
A Medical Oncologist is a doctor whose primary job is to diagnose and treat cancer patients. There are different types of oncologists, and a Medical Oncologists’ primary job is to diagnose and treat cancer using chemotherapy or medication rather than surgery. A medical oncologist is a crucial part in the fight against a patient’s cancer, but mistakes can happen. These mistakes can lead to incredibly serious harm to the patient. When a doctor is negligent, the victim should be made whole.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Medical Oncologist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Medical Oncologist Medical Malpractice
Medical Oncologists are doctors either with a doctor of medicine (M.D.) or a doctor of osteopathy (D.O.) After they graduate from medical school and are licensed to practice medicine, they receive further specialized training to become medical oncologists. This specialized training is designed to teach these doctors to be able to detect and treat cancer through medical, and non-surgical, means.
These means include the use of chemotherapy or other medication that is designed to destroy tumors and any other cancer cells. However, when a doctor fails to perform his or her job within the accepted standards of medical care, a medical malpractice claim can help make the victim, and the victim’s family, whole.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Medical Oncologists
- Failure to Diagnose: Doctors diagnose cancer through family histories, scans, blood tests, and many other tests. When a person has cancer, but a doctor’s negligence results in a missed diagnosis, the cancer will grow unchecked. This could be fatal, and in any case, will lead to far more serious complications that if it was caught earlier.
- Chemotherapy Mistakes: Chemotherapy, though often effective, can be difficult on the body, even when it is working. When chemotherapy is improperly prescribed or given, the effects can be disastrous. These mistakes can be remedied financially through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Follow-Up Mistakes: After cancer goes into remission, a doctor should schedule and check for the return of it on a regular basis. Failure to do so, or failure to catch that the cancer has returned, can be a fatal mistake for patients.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When a Medical Oncologist commits medical malpractice, and it causes injury to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.