- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Neurologists treat neurological disorders or disorders of the brain and nerves. They treat nervous system illnesses, injuries, and disorders on a regular basis, and are required to make determinations regarding:
When a Neurologist fails to identify or properly treat a neurological condition in a patient, the consequences can be very severe, or even fatal.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Neurologist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Neurologist Medical Malpractice
Neurologists treat conditions of the nervous system, which includes the nerves, spine, and brain. Injuries to these areas can cause very severe effects for patients, and a Neurologist is expected to help diagnose and treat these injuries. Disorders may also affect the nervous system that can be diagnosed and treated by a Neurologist.
Neurologists are highly trained and specialized in their field, with years of additional training and education following their graduation from medical school. Despite this, mistakes still occur. The nervous system is so important to a person’s health, so mistakes related to it can be devastating for a person’s life.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Neurologists
Neurologists do make mistakes, and there are certain areas in which they make these mistakes more commonly such as, but not limited to:
- Medication Errors: Many neurological injuries or disorders can be treated with appropriate medications. When a doctor prescribes the wrong medication, or in the wrong dosage, not only will the condition not be treated, but it could actually be made worse.
- Medical Procedure Errors: Certain medical procedures to diagnose and treat neurological disorders are invasive. With this comes the risk of internal injury. This is especially true with lumbar punctures, which require the spine to be pierced. This can cause paralysis or numbness in different parts of the body.
- Failure to Diagnose: Certain neurological conditions can get worse over time, but if caught early, they could be treated more successfully. When a Neurologist fails to diagnose a disease that he or she should not have missed, the Neurologist can be held responsible through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When a Neurologist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.