- Our Firm
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Birth Paralysis
- Cortical Blindness
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Shoulder Dystocia
- C Section Cases
- Erb’s Palsy
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Facial Paralysis
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Midwife Malpractice
- Free Consultation
Intensive care specialists, also known as critical care specialists, are doctors that treat patients while they are at their most dire and life-threatening stages. These patients are often listed as “critical” and are in a very dangerous spot in their medical treatment as they may not survive. These doctors often work in hospital emergency rooms or also work in the intensive care unit (ICU). Others may instead work in surgical units where life-threatening conditions are treated.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of an intensive care specialist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Intensive Care Specialist Medical Malpractice
Intensive Care Specialists are trained doctors with either a doctor of medicine (M.D.) or a Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) Once the doctor makes it through medical school, he or she will be required to specialize as an intensive care specialist. This requires years of additional training, including fellowships and training in internal medicine for most intensive care specialists.
These doctors diagnose critically ill patients in a hospital setting. They are often dealing with fatal conditions, and are forced to make quick decisions based on little evidence about what is wrong that could easily determine whether a person lives or dies.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Intensive Care Specialists
Intensive care specialists make mistakes and some of those mistakes are outside the bounds of accepted standards of medical care. These include:
- Misdiagnosis: One of the biggest risks in life or death situations is a misdiagnosis of the problem by the doctor. A misdiagnosis could easily result in death during these critical times.
- Negligent Surgery: During surgery, because of the rush required, doctors make mistakes. They may leave gauze, forget to properly seal a cut, or make another mistake that can have deadly consequences.
- Failure to Monitor: Once a patient is placed in the ICU, he or she needs constant monitoring to ensure that the patient is recovering and is not about to crash. When a doctor breaches the accepted standards of medical care by failing to properly monitor his or her patients, a medical malpractice lawsuit can compensate the victim or the victim’s family.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When an intensive care specialist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.