- Our Firm
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Physical Therapists are medical professionals who help patients rehabilitate and strengthen muscles, joints, and limbs that have suffered an injury or condition. They typically help patients regain strength, increase flexibility, and recover range of motion. They are licensed medical professionals and are expected to treat patients within the standard of care of their profession. When a Physical Therapist is negligent in his or her treatment of a patient, that patient can file a medical malpractice claim to receive the compensation he or she deserves.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Physical Therapist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Physical Therapist Medical Malpractice
Physical Therapists receive special training in dealing with conditions related to the physical limitations and symptoms their patients suffer. These include issues related to range of motion, lack of strength in certain muscles or limbs, dealing with joint paint, and recovering after accidents. Treatment methods vary greatly depending on the patient’s needs and capabilities and may be affected by age and condition. In many cases, even perfect treatment by a Physical Therapist will not “fix” the underlying issue, so not all cases are malpractice.
However, malpractice by Physical Therapists does occur. Mistakes that a reasonable Physical Therapist would not make can be compensated by a medical malpractice claim. If you believe that a Physical Therapist has been negligent, an experienced medical malpractice lawyer can help evaluate your claim.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Physical Therapists
Common claims for medical malpractice against Physical Therapists include, but are not limited to the following:
- Dropping Patients: Many patients are suffering from weakness or injury that makes it difficult to walk or stand. If a Physical Therapist drops a patient, this negligence can cause serious harm.
- Failure to Supervise: Many of these exercises can cause harm if performed improperly. Physical Therapists are expected to supervise their patients to avoid this.
- Defective Equipment: When equipment used on patients is defective, and the Physical Therapist failed to have it repaired, this can be the basis for a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Over-Extension: If a limb or muscle is over-extended or stretched too far, it can cause extreme pain and damage to that area of the body.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When a Physical Therapist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.