- Our Firm
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Nephrologists are educated and trained to diagnose and treat injuries and disorders related to the kidneys. Issues with the kidney can be the result of a disorder, medical conditions, or some type of injury. Weight-related issues can impact the kidneys, and Nephrologists are expected to be able to diagnose and treat kidney issues within the accepted standards of medical care. When they fail to do so, they can be held liable for medical malpractice, and you can be financially compensated for the injuries you have suffered.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Nephrologist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Nephrologist Medical Malpractice
Nephrologists receive special training following their graduation from medical school in order to specialize in this field. It requires years of additional education, training, and practice. Despite all of this extra training, Nephrologists still make mistakes, and these mistakes cause harm to patients.
The kidneys are incredibly important organs and have a major impact on a person’s overall health. While a person can survive with only one kidney, complications can arise. The failure of both kidneys requires a kidney transplant or may result in the patient’s death.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Nephrologists
Nephrologists do make mistakes. When they do, the consequences to the patient can be severe.
- Failure to Diagnose/Treat Diabetes: Diabetes is one of the most common and significant diseases of the kidney. While the severity of the condition varies greatly, the effect of the disease can destroy a person’s kidneys, and cause damage to many other organs as well. When a Nephrologist fails to treat the condition properly, he or she can be held responsible.
- Electrolyte Imbalances: The kidneys play an important role in managing hydration and balancing electrolytes in the body. When the kidneys are not properly functioning, and the Nephrologist fails to properly treat this issue, serious medical complications can result.
- Kidney Stones: Kidney stones form when minerals such as calcium and others form little stones inside the kidney. Not only are they incredibly painful, but they may require surgical removal. Failure to properly treat this issue, or malpractice related to the pain management of dealing with kidney stones can lead to malpractice liability.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When a Nephrologist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.