- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Orthodontists specialize in the correction of tooth alignment issues and irregularities. They are educated doctors who seek to fix and prevent issues associated with teeth that are uneven, out of place, or other oral issues that can be medically treated. When an orthodontist makes a mistake that is outside the standard of care in his or her field, and the mistake causes harm to a patient, that doctor can be held responsible through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of an Orthodontist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Orthodontist Medical Malpractice
Orthodontists are highly educated doctors. After completing their doctorate program, further training in their specialization is required. They are licensed in the state and are expected to follow and meet certain set standards of practice. However, when they make mistakes, as they all too often do, they can be held financially responsible for the injuries they caused through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Injuries or other issues caused by Orthodontist malpractice can vary in degree of severity. Some issues are relatively minor, and can be fixed, but may have caused financial strain or annoyance. Others can be incredibly severe, leaving permanent scarring or other medical issues.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Orthodontists
Common claims for medical malpractice against Orthodontists include, but are not limited to:
- Braces Mistakes: Braces are designed to correct teeth position and other defects. They can be expensive. If done incorrectly, braces can cause mouth pain, periodontal disease, incorrect positioning of teeth and more. When these mistakes occur, an orthodontist can and should be held responsible for the injuries you have suffered.
- Use of Invisalign: Invisalign braces, and others like it, are only approved for patients with certain kinds of requirements for teeth repositioning. When Orthodontists use this method incorrectly, or for the wrong kind of patient, the results can be very problematic for the patient.
- Failure to Diagnose: If another problem with a patient’s mouth exists that the Orthodontist fails to diagnose, or the Orthodontist fails to refer the issue to another doctor, the Orthodontist can be held responsible for that missed diagnosis.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When an Orthodontist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.