- Our Firm
- Legal Services
- Birth Injuries
- Apgar Scores
- Abnormal Birth
- Cortical Blindness
- Midwife Malpractice
- Preterm Labor Negligence
- Birth Paralysis
- Delivery by Forceps or Vacuum Extraction
- Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Neonatal Hypoxia
- Retinopathy Prematurity
- Brachial Plexus Palsy
- Developmental Delays from Birth Malpractice
- Infant Resuscitation Errors
- Neonatal Therapeutic Hypothermia
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brain Damage/Head Trauma
- Erb’s Palsy
- Infant Wrongful Death
- NICU Malpractice
- Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- C Section Cases
- Facial Paralysis
- IUGR/Intrauterine Growth Restriction
- Nuchal Cord Malpractice
- Torticollis (Wry Neck)
- Fetal Acidosis
- OB-GYN Malpractice
- Uterine Rupture
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Fetal Distress
- Klumpke’s Palsy
- Periventricular Leukomalacia
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fetal Monitoring Malpractice
- Placental Abruption
- Clavicle Fracture
- Group B Streptococcus
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome
- Free Consultation
Radiologists are doctors trained to read and interpret the results of certain types of medical imaging devices, such as x-rays or MRI’s. They work with other physicians in order to help diagnose and treat a patient by discovering what the medical issue is that is ailing the patient. Radiologists are expected to be able to read and interpret the results of these scans, and when they fail to diagnose issues that are apparent to a reasonable doctor, this can constitute negligence sufficient to justify a medical malpractice lawsuit.
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the medical malpractice of a Radiologist, the highly experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian are here to fight for you.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Philadelphia
Our law firm focuses exclusively on medical malpractice and personal injury litigation. Our mission is to make our clients whole and provide them with the financial compensation they deserve. Our firm’s mission is to provide each and every client the best service possible.
We provide expert assessments of your case, as well as highly personalized advice and counsel. We believe in leaving no stone unturned, and working as hard as it takes to get you the best verdict possible. Our high rate of success and history of high verdicts is because of these values.
Radiologist Medical Malpractice
Radiologists are highly trained medical professionals that are either doctors of medicine (M.D.) or doctors of osteopathy (D.O.) Their job is to take scans such as x-rays, MRI’s, CT Scans, and more in order to help determine the issues patients face, and make a diagnosis. The importance of this diagnosis cannot be understated, because other doctors will rely on the interpretations of the Radiologist in making treatment decisions.
If a Radiologist fails to identify issues on a scan or image that they reasonably should have under the circumstances, this can be medical negligence that will justify a medical malpractice lawsuit. This will help the victim patient and his or her family receive the financial compensation they deserve.
Common Malpractice Claims Against Radiologists
Common claims for medical malpractice against Radiologists include, but are not limited to the following:
- Failure to Perform Scan Properly: The machines used to take internal scans require following strict protocol and procedure, or the results may be faulty. In some cases, incorrect usage could even result in direct injury to the patient as a result of the scan, such as a patient receiving an overly high dosage of radiation.
- Failure to Diagnose: A radiologist is expected to read and interpret the scan taken in order to discover what the diagnosis of a patient is. If a doctor fails to do so, in circumstances that a reasonable doctor would have discovered the issue, he or she can be held financially responsible for the harm caused.
Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Philadelphia
When a Radiologist commits medical malpractice, and that malpractice causes harm to you or a loved one, you are entitled to bring a medical malpractice claim to receive financial compensation. The experienced attorneys at Gilman & Bedigian have the knowledge and years of practice to fight for your rights.
Contact us online or call our law office at (800) 529-6162 for a free consultation.